Apply for a PAL Home
To be eligible to receive a PAL home you must be income qualified. We serve households at ≤120% AMI, with some of our projects serving specific lower-income groups only. We give priority and preference to local, multigenerational households. Receiving a PAL home can be a 6 month - 1 year process. If you are facing or at risk of houselessness see our emergency resources.
For Sale Homes
Our projects are supported by the County of Kaua’i Housing Agency. All prospective buyers will be selected from the County of Kaua’i Homebuyers Program list. Once you are on that list you will be automatically notified about any available Fee Simple or Leasehold homes.
Kaua'i County Home Buyer List Policies & Procedures
1. You must be a Kauai resident and a first-time homebuyer.
2. Applicant must register for Home Buyer Education classes with a HUD-approved education and counseling agency. If you are married, both must enroll for the Home Buyer Education classes.
Telephone: (808) 784-3841
You are encouraged to watch the Workshop Enrollment Tutorial
a) Create a Hawaiian Community Assets online account
b) Complete HCAʻs Workshop Enrollment Packet
c) Register for an Upcoming Workshop
3. Upon completion of the home buyer education class, the applicant will receive a CERTIFICATE OF ACHIEVEMENT; a copy needs to be submitted to the Housing Agency.
County Housing Coordinator
Telephone: (808) 241-4425
4. Complete the Kaua‘i Resident Affordable Home Buyer Registration Form and submit with a copy of the certificate to Housing Agency, to be on the Affordable Housing Waitlist (AHWL).
5. Upon receipt of both forms (Homebuyer Registration Form fillable.pdf and certificate), a letter will be sent to the applicant informing of their perpetual Home Buyer Number.
6. Notification of any affordable “for sale” development, single family home or project will be sent to all active participants on the AHWL.
Mahalo for your interest in becoming a PAL Kaua'i Homeowner!
Equal Housing Opportunity
We are pledged to the letter and spirit of U.S. policy for the achievement of equal housing opportunity throughout the Nation. We encourage and support an affirmative advertising and marketing program in which there are no barriers to obtaining housing because of race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status, or national origin.